Do you decorate your classroom door?
To be honest- I really don’t like decorating my door. It takes me forever, and whatever I hang seems to get ripped within a day. Uggghhhh!
I may despise giant door decor, but I adore having a wreath at the entrance to my classroom! I love faux boxwood, because it looks great all year, it adds a little color, and it makes me feel like I am part of Fixer Upper.
To make it more special, I added a frame to turn it into a Classroom Message Wreath. It’s an easy DIY project for anyone!
You can change the posters inside the frame to make your door look fresh all year! The update only takes about 30 seconds, and it gives the wreath a whole new look! This project is really, really simple!
Here are the supplies you need:
- Faux Boxwood Wreath (I got mine at Hobby Lobby with a 40% off coupon)
- Certificate Frame (I got mine at Walmart for $1)
- Roll of Wide Wired Ribbon (I got this at Hobby Lobby too)
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
Before you get started:
- remove the glass and backing from the certificate frame
- Keep the backing- you need it! (I didn’t want to hang any glass on my door so I disposed of the glass.)
- You should take all of the ribbon off the spool too. Now you’re ready to get started!
Voila! Do you love it?? Me too! I feel like this poster would also be fitting as a bummer sticker or a tattoo- what happened to manners??
I plan on switching out my posters throughout the school year. I printed and laminated a set so they are ready go whenever I want to slip a new one into the frame! Here are some of my favorite designs.