Do you ever have a picture in your mind of exactly how you want your classroom to look?
I was searching for the perfect letters for my classroom, but I could never find them! So I decided to make my own…and guess what?
Making your own giant letters is EASY!
And you just need a regular printer and black ink!
Are you ready to give it a try?
Let me walk you through the steps:
1. Open PowerPoint on your computer
2. Insert a text box and choose a chunky font
Try: KG Second Chances Solid
3. Type just one or two letters in the box
4. Change the text size so the letters to fill the page. This will be different for some letters. For example, W is a very wide letter and L is very narrow- just experiment to see what fits
5. Format your letters so they have “no text fill” and a black “text outline”
6. Duplicate your page so you can make more letters!
You can print your letters on card stock or colored paper, but I wanted the designs I found in the scrapbook paper section.
I cut down the scrapbook paper to be 8.5 x 11 to fit into my printer. Then I printed just like I would on regular printer paper.