Of course you want to learn how to make bulletin board letters!
I was searching for the perfect letters for my classroom, but I could never find them!
So I decided to try making my own…
and guess what???
Making your own giant letters is EASY and CHEAP!
Here’s what you need:
✅ Printer with black ink
✅ Paper or your choice
That’s it! Can you believe it? It’s so simple- you’ll never buy letters again!
Ready to give it a try?
I’m going to walk you through the steps…or if you really want to save time, scroll down to get a set that’s ready for you to print!
1. Open PowerPoint on your computer
2. Insert a text box and choose a chunky font
Try: KG Second Chances Solid
3. Type just one or two letters in the box
4. Change the text size so the letters to fill the page. This will be different for some letters. For example, W is a very wide letter and L is very narrow- just experiment to see what fits
5. Format your letters so they have “no text fill” and a black “text outline.” The letters will look like this on your screen:
6. Duplicate your page so you can make more letters!
You can print your letters on card stock or colored paper, but I wanted the designs I found in the scrapbook paper section.
I cut down the scrapbook paper to be 8.5 x 11 to fit into my printer. Then I printed just like I would on regular printer paper.
You’re going to love having custom letters that fit your classroom decor or theme!
If you’re looking for some free letters that kids can use too,I’ve got you covered. Check out these BIG letters that are perfect for learning how to write to practicing fine motor skills. Don’t worry- they’re free too! Just click here!